Safer cars play a major role in reducing road trauma in Australia and overseas. In line with its aim to improve novice-driver safety, Keys2drive lessons now include information about the importance of driving as safe a car as possible. The following video contains some useful information about car safety.
- Buy the safest car you can afford; aim for a 4-star or 5-star rating
- You don’t need a brand new car; there are lots of safe and affordable used cars
- When you get your P-plates, drive the safest car in the household
- Search: ‘ANCAP Safety’ or ‘Used Car Safety Ratings’ for more information
- Download the free ANCAP Safety or SafeCars app.