What to expect
Keys2drive is a revolutionary approach to learning road safety and the free driving lesson is an opportunity for the learner driver, driving instructor and parent/supervisor to learn it together.What happens in the free lesson?
The free lesson goes for 60 minutes, during which the Keys2drive accredited driving instructor will explain the Keys2drive learning approach - and offer examples of how it can be used when learning to drive. The remaining lesson time includes a practical demonstration to the parent/supervisor on implementing the Keys2drive approach.
The Keys2drive free lesson is not intended to replace normal driving lessons; rather, it should complement them by empowering learner drivers to becoming safer P Plate drivers.
- Learner drivers will receive training in the best ways to practice, helping them gain the confidence they need to prepare for safe P plate driving and beyond.
- Parents/supervisors will come away with the confidence and tools to help their learner drivers achieve a good foundation for lifelong safe driving.
Both the learner driver and their parent/supervisor need to attend the free lesson.
- Learner drivers need to bring their learner’s permit/learner licence, and Free Lesson ID. Register for a Free Lesson ID now!
- Parents/supervisors must bring a current Australian’s full driver’s licence.
- It is best if the learner has around 10 hours driving experience before attending the Keys2drive lesson.